Before you complete the initial joining application form, please make sure you have read and understood the points below which we expect from all volunteers. Completing this application is not an automatic acceptance. The Trustees reserve the right to refuse an application at any time without reason.
All considered applicants will need to comply with the following joining criteria:
- At least 18 years old
- In general, good health
- Reasonably physically fit (walk at least two miles within 60 minutes)
- Have access to a mobile phone and computer with internet connection for group communications
- Keep their vehicles roadworthy, and presentable inside and out at all times
- Be able to attend meetings at least 3 times a year
- Willing to attend call-outs, (fuel expenses may not be paid for all jobs)
- Have a clean driving license (maximum 6 points)
- Own or have access to a minimum of an AWD vehicle if wishing to join as a responder
(other support roles are also available)
Once approved as a member; you will be required to:
- Complete a basic DBS check
- Complete Rospa Driver training & assessment yearly (online)
- Complete an off-road driver training course yearly (provided)
- Complete a first aid course as required (provided)
- Display an authorised WM4x4 logo on your vehicle (provided)
- Attend at least one training course per year (provided)
- Provide MOT, insurance and tax records for your vehicle
- Volunteer at least three fundraising and marshalling events per year.
- Must be available for deployments during the winter months
- Maintain a clean licence (6 points maximum) certain offence codes may preclude acceptance or continued membership.
- Provide driving licence check codes when requested
- Read and accept the membership agreement
Failure to comply with any of the above could result in being suspended or removed from the charity.
Despite us all being unpaid volunteers we work alongside companies, event organisers, emergency services and the general public. All of these require a professional and efficient approach by West Midlands 4×4 Response.
We are not a club, and if you are looking for green lane tours, pay & play days or trips away this may not be the right charity for you.